Most people ask me do, multi-factor authentication, is it necessary to enable it on your account? I always said Yes, because safeguarding personal or social media platform accounts must be every one topmost priority to prevent cyber attach on accounts or systems.
In this article learn the importance of two-step verification, how it works, and how you can log in to a Microsoft account with an email with two-factor authentication enable if you want to learn make the effort to read the post.
Safety Measures on Microsoft Account
Having Microsoft Account gives users the opportunity to protect accounts by means of enabling 2-factor authentication (2FA), which is a way of verifying the identity of users who try to access a system. It requires the account owner two-step to verify the person who tries login into his or her account before the authentication right is granted to the account.
Read More on :How to add recovery email to Microsoft Account
How does Two-factor authentication Work?
Firstly, the account owner must enter a username and password. After a popup prompt you to choose from verification methods via (mobile phone, email, or authenticator app ) as means of a second factor, a code sent to an authorized medium, to enter to access the system or account.
Importance of two-step verification
• It greatly reduces the risk of credential theft to account.
• If someone wrongly has your username and password, he or she would still need to six-digit code from a medium such as a phone number, email, or authenticator app in order to complete
the authorization to the account.
Learn More on:How to Login Microsoft Account with Google Authenticator App
Note:It must be a need of important to enabling Two Factor authentication on all accounts and all your social media platforms (example: Apple, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
Login to your Microsoft Account with an email with two Factor enable
Note: After Turning 2step Verification on you’re Account and logging Out, from your account you can access your Microsoft account.
1. Launch Any Bowser of choice on the Computer
2. In the URL Bar Type in ‘https://account.microsoft.com’
3. Sign in to your Microsoft Account Username and Password, Click Next
4. You’ll be given the option to select your 2-step verification Method
5. Choose Email to verify your identity, a code will be sent to your inbox to use to verify your account.
6. After you copy the code from the email inbox and paste it into the Enter Code column to verify identity.
7. Click on Verify to have access to the account portal, then you can choose Microsoft Application to used