Using the Google Authentication app serves as an extra layer of security feature that requires you to enter a six-digit code generated by the app, to be inputted to grant access account web portal. This protects your Microsoft Account from cyber oppressors.
This article laydown processes of How you can use the Google Authentication app to Enable two-factor Authentication for Microsoft accounts, How to Login Microsoft Accounts using the App, and How to remove Authenticator App from Microsoft Account.
• To use an Authentication app, you must first download and install it from the play store or apps store to your phone device.
• Authenticator apps do not require an internet connection to work or service mobile service, but must be installed on phone.
How does Authenticator App Work?
When you first sign in from a new device, you’ll be asked to verify your identity using a six-digit code generated in addition to entering your password to grant you access to the account.
Enable two-factor for Microsoft using Google Authentication App
1. Launch any Internet Browser on the Computer
2. In the Address Bar input https://account.microsoft.com
3. Sign In With your “Username and Password”
4. On the Account Dashboard, On the top Manu Bar click on “Security”
5. Click on “Advanced security options” Colum Section
6. Scroll Down in the Security Windows, under the “additional security” section click on Two-step verification to “Turn On”
7. Click Next a window popup than
8. Click on “Set up a different Authenticator app” then scan the app QR code, by installing the app on your phone and opening the authenticator app on your phone, and scan with the
phone’s the back camera, to link the Microsoft account to the app
Note:To use the Google Authenticator app First, Download the app from the play store or apps store and install it on the phone device and use it to Verify the 2-step verification Login. Learn More on by watching the Video
9. Click on “Set up a different Authenticator app the app QR code, by installing the app on your phone and open the authenticator app on your phone, and scan with the phone back camera,
to link the Google account to the app
Note: A code will be generated by the app to use to verify the Account to link up the Account
10. Enter the Six-digit code generated
11. Click next to verify your Microsoft Account
How to Login to Microsoft Account with Google Authenticator App
Note: After enabling or linking your Account to Google Authentication as 2-step Verification on your Account and Sign Out, you can access your Microsoft Web portal
1. Open Any Internet web Browser
2. In the Address Bar input https:/account.microsoft.com
3. Sign in into your Account Username and Password, Click Sign in
4. Verify your Identity using (Phone Number or Email) Select Email and click on “Send code” and sent the security code to the Email
5. Go to the inbox of the email to copy the security code
6. Copy and paste it, to verify login identity to get access to an account web portal to remove or delete the recovery mobile number.
7. On the Dashboard on the top Manu Bar click on “Launch App ” on the top lift corner to open Microsoft products online on the web portal.
How to remove Authenticator App from Microsoft Account.
Once you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Microsoft account using most of the popular authentication apps you still have the opportunity to disable or remove the authenticator app that is linked to your Account.
Note If you disable or remove the Authentication app when login into the account, there is no need to enter a six-digit code to verify your identity when accessing your account.
Here are Steps that will walk you through the step for you to remove or disable the google authenticator app that was used as a Two-Step Verification app for your Microsoft account,
1. Open any Internet Web Browser on the Computer
2. In the Address Bar Type in ‘microsoft.com
3. Sign in with Microsoft Account Username and Password
4. Verify your Identity using (Phone Number or Email) If 2-factor is enabled, Here I will choose Email as the verification method and click on “Send code” and send the security code to the Email
5. log in to the inbox of the alternative email to copy the security code
6. Copy and paste it, to verify login identity to get access to an account portal to remove the Authenticator app
7. On the Account Dashboard on the top Manu Bar click on “Security”
8. Click on “Advanced security options” tab Colum Section
9. A Security Windows, will pop up under “Ways to prove who you are” section Enter a code from an authenticator app, and click on “Remove”
10. A window pops up Choose the “remove” tab to remove”
11. Click on the remove tab
Again, for safety measures to protect your account passwords to prevent the wrong person to compromise or take hold of your Email Account you can Enable Two-Step Verification on your Microsoft Account, and To reset your account portal, if accidentally forget your password read on How to add recovery email to your Microsoft Account, and How to Add Recovery Phone Number For Microsoft Account. I will also recommend you read the post on How to Compose and Send Emails from Microsoft Account to send email messages to friend and family.
Now, you must have an idea of How to Login Microsoft Account with Google Authenticator App. Ask your questions in the comments below. Try to follow us on Facebook, Instagram , and Twitter. Also if the post has been useful Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel to continue learning.