Having Microsoft Account gives you the opportunity to secure your account by enabling two-factor authentication or multi-factor authentication, which is a way of verifying the identity of anyone trying to log in to a system. It requires you two-step to verify the person who tries login into your account before the access right is given or authentication is granted to the account.
How does multi-factor authentication Work?
The first step is generally entering a username and password. The second step is to verify you by means of a second factor, such as a code sent to an authorized device, such as a mobile phone or email to enter to access the system or email account.
Importance of two-step verification
• It greatly reduces the risk of credential theft.
• If someone has your username and password, they would still need to have your device or six-digit code in order to complete the authorization right to the account.
It is important to enable 2-Step Verification on all accounts and all social media platforms (example: Online banking, Apple, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn)
Login to Microsoft Account with Mobile Number with two Factor enable
Note: After Turning 2step Verification on you’re Account and Sign Out, you can access your Microsoft account portal
1. Open Any Internet Browser
2. In the Address Bar Type in ‘microsoft.com’
3. Sign in to your Account Username and Password, Click Next
4. You’ll be given the option to select your 2-step verification Method being (Phone Number, email,)
5. Select your option, and choose text to verify your identity a code will be sent to your phone to verify your account.
6. After you copy the code from phone messages and paste it into the Enter Code column to verify identity.
7. Click on Verify to have access to the account portal, then you can choose Microsoft Application to used